The T-TRIPODS DIAMONDS (Directed, Intensive And Mentored Opportunities iN Data Science) Summer Research program invites undergraduate students to participate in a 10-week summer research immersion experience at Tufts University. DIAMONDS is funded in large part through the National Science Foundation's Tufts T-TRIPODS Institute grant.
- Connect students to faculty mentors with active data science research projects
- Provide students with valuable mentored, hands-on research training that will build their confidence to conduct research and to design their own research projects in the future
- Encourage students to pursue graduate education
Program Participation includes:
- Research Opportunities with Faculty Mentor
- Professional development workshops (on-line)
- Social Events (on-line)
The T-Tripods DIAMONDS program was founded in 2020 by Ellise LaMotte and Lenore Cowen. The program ran virtually in summers 2020 and 2021, but we are hoping and planning for an in-person program in Summer 2022.
This is a program of The Center for STEM Diversity at Tufts University. We acknowledge support from the National Science Foundation's Harnessing the Data Revolution (HDR) Big Idea activity under award 1934553 (for the Tufts T-TRIPODS Institute).